Port d’Hiver Bed and Breakfast is committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology.
We work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we comply with ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described accessible features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We guarantee that the specific accessible guest rooms, once reserved, are held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make accessible rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide these third-party services with information concerning the accessible features of the hotel and the accessible rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the inn afforded to those without service animals.
- The Creole Room is fully accessible. This first-floor room features an open floor plan and wide doorways to accommodate a wheelchair. There are also grab bars in the toilet and shower area of the bathroom and a shower chair if needed. This room offers a lower mattress for easy access and alarms for the visually and hearing impaired.
- There are no steps to the entrance of the Inn or to the Creole Room, however, we do have iron gates with keypads that have to be opened to access the property.
- The dining room and all commons area are fully accessible.
- We provide complimentary room service for those who would like breakfast delivered to their room.
- There is designated parking at the entrance to the Inn and we are happy to help you with your luggage.
If you require other items please call us directly at (321) 722-2727 us prior to your arrival, and we will be happy to work with you to assure a pleasant and comfortable stay.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us 24/7 at (321) 722-2727 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility, including issues accessing the website or with questions regarding the accessibility and personal needs of the various rooms.