There is nothing better than a preseason spring training baseball game. The Washington Nationals Spring Training 2014 commences at the Space Coast Stadium in Viera – only 40 minutes from our beautiful Melbourne Beach bed and breakfast.
For our spring guests looking for an activity away from the beach, we are grateful that the Washington Nationals call the Space Coast Stadium in Viera home, even if it’s just for a few short weeks. Whether you’re a true baseball fan, or just looking for a good time with friends, the spring season games offer an affordable break from the usual weekend hobbies.
This past Saturday was the spring season home opener against the Atlanta Braves and we had our fair share of peanuts, ice cold beer, and fun in the sun! Being from the Washington, D.C. – Maryland area, we were particularly excited to see Bryce Harper and Jordan Zimmerman help secure a close 16-15 lead over the Braves. The packed stands (of what seemed like more Braves fans than Nationals fans!) traded excitement throughout the wild, 4 hour game, as the Nationals came back from 8 runs down to win!
While you’re visiting Port D’Hiver in the coming months, you might consider attending a fun baseball game!
Washington Nationals Spring Training 2014 Home Games – at the Space Coast Stadium in Viera
- Friday, March 7th vs. the Astros
- Saturday, March 8th vs. the Braves
- Sunday, March 9th vs. the Cardinals
- Monday, March 10th vs. the Astros
- Tuesday, March 11th vs. the Yankees
- Thursday, March 13th vs. the Mets
- Sunday, March 16th vs. the Tigers
- Wednesday, March 19th vs. the Astros
- Thursday, March 20th vs. the Tigers
- Saturday, March 22nd vs. Miami
- Tuesday, March 25th vs. the Mets