Port d’Hiver has been celebrating the holidays with lots of warm weather, sunny beaches, Christmas lights, cookies, and even the Melbourne Beach children’s parade. Join the celebration at our top-rated Florida Bed and Breakfast and check out our favorite Melbourne Beach holiday activities:
The Brevard Zoo:
- Dec. 19-22: Holiday Happenings – Enjoy a blizzard of activities including animal encounters, games, crafts and a DJ! Best of all, our keepers will be presenting some of our animals with holiday “gifts” and other seasonal enrichment items.
- Dec 19-21: Santa and Mrs. Claus will be at the Zoo.
Downtown Eau Gallie:
Dec. 18 from 5:30-8:30pm: the Eau Gallie Arts District Main Street (EGAD!) will host Orlando’s The Daily City Food Truck Bazaar. Expect 10 trucks including BBQ, Lobster, Mexican, Asian and more. Admission is free, food is for purchase.
Downtown, Historic Melbourne:
Dec. 19: Candlelight Shopping – shops will remain open late, are lit with white candles and lights, and serve such holiday fare as cakes, cookies, teas, etc. In the evening you can enjoy a variety of holiday entertainment with musicians, choirs, carolers, carriage rides and of course ‘Father Christmas’ strolling through downtown. Admission is free.
The Grand Canal Boat Parade:
Dec. 18 beginning at 6:30pm: The Grand Canal Christmas Boat Parade will start at Ballard Park in Melbourne, Florida and run south through the Grand Canal, then back north on the Banana River to the Pineda Causeway. Admission is free.
The Kennedy Space Center:
- Dec. 19 at 8:43pm: SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch 11 second-generation Orbcomm communications satellites.
- Dec. 19 – Jan. 3, starting at dusk: Holidays in Space – celebrate the spirit of the season at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, where the holidays go high-tech with a first-of-its-kind 3D show projected onto the side of a rocket, a laser and light spectacular, and of course, space-themed holiday décor. Price is included with the general admission ticket.
- Dec. 15 – Dec. 21: Meet Astronaut Don Thomas. The Astronaut Encounter briefings allow time for discussion, so bring your questions and your camera. Price is included with the general admission ticket.
- Dec. 20 from 7-8pm: Christmas songs arranged and performed by Michael Anderson, along with original compositions from his latest album, Portrait of Youth at the Chapel by the Sea. Admission is free.
- Dec. 26 from 11-1pm: Visit the Barrier Island Center for a hands-on interaction with our adorable diamondback terrapin and interesting inverts. Admission is free.
- Dec. 26 at 7pm: A (free) Night Sounds Concert held at the Sebastian Inlet State Park. All concerts begin at 7pm and last about 2 hours. The Country Classics Band is a seven piece band that plays the best of classic country, a little bluegrass and a smidgen of Rock ‘N’ Roll from the 1950s to the 1990s.
Space Coast LightFest:
Dec. 1 – Jan. 1: the Space Coast Light Fest is a popular holiday tradition, with more than 2.7 million twinkling holiday lights that will ignite the night sky at Wickham Park. The “Space Coast Lightfest” is a holiday themed drive-through event transforming Wickham Park into a virtual winter wonderland. This free event starts at 6:30pm, daily.
The Surfing Santas Festival:
Dec. 24 from 8am-1pm: hundreds of Surfing Santas will gather to ride the waves and share fun in the sun for the 7th annual Surfing Santas event. This is all for a good cause. All proceeds benefit two local non-profits, the “Grind for Life” organization and the Florida Surf Museum. This event is held at the Cocoa Beach Minuteman Causeway.
- Dec. 19 from 5-8pm: enjoy holiday music, complimentary horse drawn carriage rides and photos with Santa at The Avenues. Admission is free.
- Dec. 19 from 8-9pm: the Space Coast Symphony Holiday will have a free, finale event outside the Carmike Theater. A candlelight procession of carolers will join the orchestra on stage to Wish You a Merry Christmas, in a concert extravaganza featuring dozens of musicians, singers, ballet dancers and of course, Santa Claus himself.
- Dec. 27 starting at 1pm: Brevard’s Craft Beer Tour – Experience distinct tastes and styles of three of Space Coasts’ finest craft breweries while learning the art, science and passion inside every glass of great beer. $59/person.
Merry Christmas Everyone!